Happy Spring Break
Summer is just around the corner and we wanted to send out our River Blades camp information before your skaters schedule filled up. Register by May 15
Summer Camp Dates
- Tuesdays July 10 - August 21
- July 10 - July 24 | 9 am - 4:45 pm
- July 31 - Aug 21 | 8 am - 3:45 pm
Why skate at River Blades in the Summer?
- Exceptional instructors
- Improve leaps and bounds
- Your skater is introduced to new skills, & classes
- Instructors are top quality coaches in our area
- Make new and lasting friendships/memories
- Because Summer Camp is FUN!!!
We train skaters in small groups by level.
We have classes, exercises and building blocks for skaters at varying skating levels.
Why River Blades Day Summer Camp?
- Your skater can experience all the classes to help them be a well-rounded figure skater in a one day camp
- Cost effective-one stop shop. Your skater will experience Ballet, Yoga, Conditioning, Jumps Class, Edge Class, goal setting, competition readiness. You skater will experience all these classes under one roof with high-quality instructors
- Skating camp is a great supplement to your private lessons
- Cast of Stellar instructors-some of the best in Minnesota
Amanda Truax - Director
Amanda has spent 20+ years perfecting the art of edges, jumps, spins & choreography. Amanda performed & traveled the World with Disney on Ice, was the Disney on Ice Edge Class, Ballet Instructor, and cast Line Captain during her career with Disney on Ice. She has also worked closely with World & Olympic Coaches and recently worked on a project for US Figure Skating and Stars on Ice.
Ballet Instructor, Artistic movement, developing your skaters signature style
US Figure Skating National Coach & JR World Competitor in Pair Skating (On Ice & Off-Ice Jumps & Conditioning)
USFS Gold Medalist, Woodbury FSC Professional (Figures & Field Moves)
Double Gold Medalist in US Figure Skating, coach to USFS regional competitors (Jump & Spin Technique Classes on & Off-Ice)
Eagan FSC Pro & USFS CER-A Coach (Competition readiness-mental toughness)
US Figure Skating Gold Medalist-USFS TEAM USA-World Synchronized Skating Team Member (Edge Class & Innovative Moves)
Owner & director Northfield Skating School, master rated coach, Coach for Shattuck St. Mary’s Figure Skating Center, consultant to US Figure Skating & Learn to Skate USA (Jumps, Spins, positive mental training, goal setting)
Eagan FSC Pro & Certified Yoga Instructor (On-Ice & Off-Ice Conditioning & Yoga)
We are working to secure more presenters including Ivivva Mall of America girls outreach program......stay tuned!!
Is your skater ready to join us? We hope to see you at stellar our Summer Day Camp held at the Hastings Civic Arena.